Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Bit of Catch Up

The semester is over, but that doesn't mean my thesis work is over. I had a lot of fun with the Panchatantra and figuring out how to make things work for me, and there are still a ton of stories I could illustrate. So for now I'll just catch you up on the last three pieces I did this semester and hope that more will come.

First up is the story "How a Sparrow Came To Grief" where I decided to try my hand at a bit more interesting perspective and also managed to refine some of the patterning a little bit.

Next is "Frogs That Rode A Snake" where Fred suggested to just leave the background blank and work with the graphic image I had already come up with in my sketch. It's interesting how the woodgrain suggests depth despite being a flat pattern on the wood.

And then we have the final piece I did for class, "Tale of the Bird With Two Heads". I really like how this piece came out. I combined the idea of using a graphic shape and letting the background be simple with a little more refinement of my use of patterning, branching out into using different patterns that better describe each image.

No comments:

Post a Comment